Thursday, April 04, 2013

The fall

I am faltering,
My prudence attempt to be graceful in defeat,
Hiding the fact that I'm out on a limb,
trying hard to maintain the status quo,
the exigency to keep the bitterness away,
engulfing the very thing I cherish the most,
The voice, the sound and the beating of my heart.

The silver lining,
the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow,
The lies people tell to maintain the status quo,
A last resort, desperately and definitely... maybe?
Equilibrium is a myth, a poignant reminder,
Walking on eggshells and you'll get hurt easily,
you got to wear shoes in the real world,

Wait,... what ?
Forever is a very long time to be living in a lie,
Because if its not this, it'll be something else,


* contain quote from the movie elizabethtown

2 comments:

Dottie With Dots said...

Elizabethtown is one of my fav movies.

socialfreakgeek said...

you should keep writing :)